We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect romantic rural getaway in the UK

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Perfect romantic rural getaway in the UK

Hi there

Me and my boyfriend are looking for 3 days away anywhere in the UK.

We live in London and are looking for somewhere with great nature, wild coastline or beautiful wild impressive landscape where we can go for walks and we windswept in the october weather. We are a bit limited as we will be traveling by train. We're looking for B&Bs that feel personal, cosy, and good quality. Farmhouse style or eco places would be interesting but not necessary. Any recommendations highly appreciated!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfect romantic rural getaway in the UK

North Norfolk should fill the bill. The Norfolk Coast Path offers walking close to the sea in an area of outstanding natural beauty.

See tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186269-d211652/Nor…

You can travel to Cromer and Sheringham by train or preferably King's Lynn then by coasthopper bus.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect romantic rural getaway in the UK

Hi

I would say Scotland or Cornwall would fit the bill. It depends how far you want to travel. Mid Cornwall is 4 hours by train from London, add another hour for the far West. You can take the train to St Ives, which is right on the coast, with great walking and good facilities and restaurants.Loads off accomodation, see this link for more info. http://www.stives-cornwall.co.uk/

3. Re: Perfect romantic rural getaway in the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 16:20