We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

I just want to warn fellow tripadvisors to be very careful booking cheap valet parking. We went for Tudor Rose at Gatwick, as it was much cheaper than the official Gatwick version and included a full valet clean option. The pick up and drop off procedures are fine, texting 15 minute warnings etc. But when we got our car back on arrival in Gatwick, the man who delivered it couldn't wait to get away and as soon as he was gone we saw that the front wing mirror was cracked in half, and the rear left bumper was dented and the paint scraped off. Clearly the poor car had been badly mistreated by careless drivers. We phoned the office immediately, took photos and sent them to Tudor Rose before we even left the airport, but they never even REPLIED, and clearly do not give a flying beep about customer service once they have taken credit card payment. We didn't pay the extra fee for a full car inspection, and so there seems to be nothing we can do. It was very upsetting first valet parking experience, and I will pay extra for the official ones if I do it again. I did see one similar review online before I booked, but I thought perhaps he was a fluke, or a grump, and now I wish I'd listened!

Hope I can save someone else a rotten welcome home from their holiday!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
174 replies to this topic
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Avoid this company at all costs. We didn't have any car damage, but had terrible trouble contacting the valet when we landed at Gatwick and is was a very unprofessional service. The main office refused to contact the valet and the alternative number when Googled comes up with a mobile number. We called this and the man who answered said he was the owner of the company and asked where we got his number from and why we were bothering him. He also didn't offer to help in any way. The valet eventually arrived and was rude and unprofessional and then refused to hand over the keys as he said our paperwork didn't match. He also refused to call the office or make any suggestions as to how to resolve it. This continued for 10 or so minutes until we eventually got our keys back. I would not recommend them or ever use them again.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Unfortunately we had the same issue with this company - car was scratched badly in front where it was parked by the attendants. The valet rushed to give it back to us saying all was fine and walked away before we even got into the car. I would not recommend this company - I wish I had read all the bad reviews on this before I booked them for Gatwick pick up.

Lanchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Have used Tudor Rose for many years and reading all this bad comments leave me very surprised -anyway once again a BIG THANK YOU to all when i arrive at the airport staff where there in time waiting to take my car and the same on my way back .

I been telling to all my friends is the best company to use at Gatwick even for an early flight they always been very prompt and the price compare with others is cheap .

Will keep using this company as me and my wife always been happy and confident with their service .

4. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 19:26
Edited: 04 October 2012, 19:26

5. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 00:25

Lanchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Barfin, Lanchester is a village in County Durham, England .

Since now didn't have the time to go into this websites reading reviews and also not the person to put to much highlight on this words .

PS: Everyone should deserve a first time .

Mentioned in this post
Durham
Durham
England, UK
7. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Removed on: 29 September 2012, 18:20

8. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Removed on: 29 September 2012, 18:42
Edited: 29 September 2012, 18:42

9. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 00:25

Hookwood, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-

In reply to the post dated 27th March I would like to invite the writer to contact Tudor Rose at Gatwick.

We do not have a product that includes a full valet clean.

We respond to all our Customers complaints without exception. We acknowledge any email received immediately.

To suggest that our driver ran away after delivering the vehicle is positively absurd.

We have a zero tolerance towards loud and aggresive persons - maybe this is why our driver ran away!!

Customers have to sign an acceptance form to confirm the safe receipt of their vehicle. The Customer must have signed it as if not, this would have been raised in our office when it is checked. Any complaint is written on the back of the acceptance form, the customer signs it and only then are the keys passed over.

The document clearly states that the owner should not sign the document unless he is completely satisfied with the service or written the detail of his/her complaint.

I suspect this is not a Customer at all but if it is I will wait to hear. Watch this space. Director of the company.

Reply to: BEWARE tudor rose valet parking gatwick-
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted