We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

10 posts
Save Topic
Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Hi,

Please can i ask for some help? I need to organise a 'Team building' exercise for a team of around 50 people, sometime between August and early October.

A function room is needed to provide a presentation in the morning. Then there needs to be lunch then a day of team building activities followed by an evening somewhere. Ideally alcohol needs to be allowed/provided in the evening (can bring our own if needed) and need accommodation for the night and then hopefully leave on the Sunday.

It can all be at the same place or different locations so long as they are near to each other.

Im looking for ideas that are 'quirky' and different to the usual 'It's a knockout'/Country Sports/The Apprentice-style events.

The budget is up to a maximum of £15,000 (to include everything- Transport, accommodation etc).

The activities are to take place in North West England/West Midlands.

I look forward to everyone's ideas!

Thank you in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Contact council promotions/marketing officers in the respective areas, Liverpool,Manchester Birmingham, Coventry

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Not travel related -reported

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Good God! A bit harsh aren't we? This is 'Trip Advisor', is it not? Where people advise on trips? I am after ideas about any trips/events, what's wrong with that?

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

To clarify- Is this 'Travel Advisor' or 'Trip Advisor'?

Any other replies are welcome. Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Please see the message I have sent you

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

The great thing about trip advisor is the vast amount of knowledge available from "advisors" across a whole range of subjects

Just today we see one about Yorkshire Pudding, another about whisky, we seem to be permanently in search of the best fish and chips

These are not travel related per se

But add to the variety and quality of information available

We enjoy giving our input and sharing our experiences

I am sure that there will be lots of contributors on here who have been involved in team building stuff , either as part of a holiday, work or even as instructors/ trainers

As long as nobody infringes the rules by advertising as we all know that is not acceptable then is there a problem?

We see recommendations for a whole host of services on here and outdoor activities

Hiking up the fells for example

Why not team building activities?

Edited: 23 May 2012, 10:44
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Absolutely BRILLIANT answer!!!

Thank you so much!! Im happy there are people like you around to help.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,204 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

What about some challenges - things like those high ropes courses, or perhaps white water rafting?? Perhaps you can find something like that in your area? Maybe there is something at the National Watersports Centre (Nottingham) that would suit?? - water skiing? Kayaking?? (that is really East Midlands, true - but not SO far east...)

www.nwscnotts.com/group-packages/corporate/

This activity centre in Essex does a number of team building events - I'm not saying you should come here, but perhaps some of the ideas on their website will give you some inspiration??

www.stubbers.co.uk/index.php…

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

Oh thank you so much!! That is a good starter for me to research!!

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need 'different' ideas for company team-building exercise?

I once took part in a team-building event at a place called Friday Island. It was a few years ago but it was very very good and very very well organised They seem to still exist - or at least have a website.

http://www.friday-island.co.uk/

I'd take a look at them. If nothing else it might give you some ideas. It's based in the Cotswolds.