We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Place

Wales
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Another Place

I shall be visiting Crosby on October 17th and was wondering the best time of day tidewise to see the Gormley's

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Place

You don't want to be there at very high tide: but I'd say almost any time more than hour before or after high tide looks good: they're as impressive semi submerged as totally visible. The best thing, of course, is to see them both semi submerged and totally visible

I'll leave you to google tide times on the day: I THINK (but stand to be corrected) that tide times at Crosby are virtually identical to Liverpool Pier Head - or at any rate that the difference is pretty much the same as the time it'll take you to walk from the car park or bus stop to the nearest viewing spot.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Place

voted as the most obscure post I have seen this year.

Gormley's what?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Place

Another Place is the name of a famous artwork/scupltures by Anthony Gormley on Crosby beach.

4. Re: Another Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:17