We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restrictions on Checked Baggage

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Restrictions on Checked Baggage

Is there anyone out there who can advise whether Frontline (an animal flea and tick product) is allowable in checked airline baggage. I am flying Ryanair out of Stanstead Airport into Italy. I can't seem to get a sensible answer out of Ryanair.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restrictions on Checked Baggage

Seeing as you are not getting any answers here it might be worth posting on the air travel forum - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restrictions on Checked Baggage

Why would anyone care?

There's no Customs check between Britain and Italy, no-one imposes any significant restriction on liquids in checked baggage, Frontline's practically leakproof and most Frontline comes in doses so tiny you'd probably get away with taking it in your hand baggage.

I'm really, really, struggling to think of any hint in any airline's rules that might even make you think Frontline is problematic.

We just put it in the back of the car with the dog when we cross borders. But I appreciate that's no predictor of what nonsense O'Leary might have invented to get himself into the headlines. There's a limit, though, to the absurdity even he's prepared to see himself associated with.

Edited: 12 September 2012, 20:41
3. Re: Restrictions on Checked Baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 10:16