We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

uk
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotels

Hi there,

I wish to treat my girlfriend to a fancy hotel and was wondering if anyone knew of any nice hotels with plenty of room, high ceilings with wooden beams? She likes the traditional look.

Thanks

Dominic

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

It might help if you could narrow down your request beyond "A hotel in the UK". Are you thinking of Northern Ireland, Scotland, England? Rural, Urban?

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

South England please....

Thanks

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

People here aren't psychic. Try posting under "England" not "United Kingdom" with a subject like "country house hotel near Oxford please" or whatever .. how much are you willing to pay? do you want to be in a town or in the countryside?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

The Falcon Hotel in Stratford upon Avon dates back to Shakespears day and it's old rooms are replete with dark wooden beams. However be warned a lot of the bedrooms are in a modern extension that is like a Premier Inn, so if you fancy this place only go if you are guaranteed a bedroom in the original building

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

Hi martin, I know what you mean but when I was looking I couldn't find any locally so it got to a point that I was open to options hence anywhere, sorry for the confusion but ideally I's like it down in south of england just to be clear. Price don't mind as its a special occasion and don't mind if its rural or in a town...

Hope this clears the confusion.

Thanks

6. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 04:16