We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adeo Travels

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Adeo Travels

Hello everyone. We are planning a trip through Scotland using Adeo Travels. Anyone use them or know about them either good or bad?

Please post

Thank you

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,680 Reviews
from US$122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from US$125.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
747 Reviews
from US$102.50*
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Adeo Travels

hi. I emailed Adeo nearly a month ago and have yet to receive a reply - not even an acknowledgment of having received my email (though this was not my first email to them - it was about the second or third - they had answered the previous ones). you said you were 'answered promptly' - just wondering if that was within a day or two of asking them something or was it longer? this is really starting to put me off using them - I feel like I am insignificant to them (I am a solo traveller). all of these reviews have been positive, so I am very much confused now! I was giving them until this Monday to answer, as that will be exactly a month, before I email again to ask what the problem is. is it me or them?! maybe as just one person I am not 'profitable' enough? thanks.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Adeo Travels

Hi,

There must be some disconnect as they always answered us in a timely manner. This is their toll free number from the US 1-866-209-4554 and from the UK +44 (0) 2821-660-747.

Try calling them but remeber - if you are calling from the US - there is a 6 hour difference in time - so noon is 6 p.m. there. There is an answering machine and when I used it I got a quick response.I am sure if you can connect that your trip will be great.

Watkins Glen, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Adeo Travels

We did a two week self-drive tour of Scotland. Adeo arranged everything perfectly. Adjustments for ferry schedules to Mull and Skye were were easily made by phone to Adeo. Not a hitch anywhere. They are highly recommended for their personal and prompt service.

Watkins Glen, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Adeo Travels

Call them. Ask for Darryl. He will answer all of your concerns and arrange everything.

Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Adeo Travels

thanks. he has since contacted me and let me know he was on leave, and apparently whoever was supposed to check his emails, didn't.

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Adeo Travels

We had a wonderful experience with adeo Travel. We recently returned from a one week trip to Scotland (October 2 through October 9, 2014) and everything was just perfect!! The advance prep they did with the hotels, car rental, and itinerary made our travel so much easier and we could really enjoy the trip without any worries at all. I recommend them highly and want to give special thanks to Darryl, who was fantastic to work with-- he has extensive knowledge about the area and pays great attention to detail. He even arranged for Hugh Grant to show up on the Old Course at St. Andrews while we were there! ;-)

Brevard,NC
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Adeo Travels

My wife and I are doing Adeo Travel 's 15 night Great Britain by Rail mid Sept 2015. Wondering if upgrading to First Class Tickets would be the way to go instead of the Britrail Flex Pass we have paid for. Daryl is off today in the,UK so through I would ask my fellow tripadvisor buds for any suggestions. Thanks

Bruce

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Adeo Travels

Hmm... It's a little late to be replying to this query, but I can't miss a chance to plug Adeo. When my sister and I were planning to visit Wales, we contacted three agencies, giving the anticipated dates of our visit, some places that a Welsh friend had recommended we visit, and a general idea of the kind of thing we like to do. The first agency replied that they didn't do Wales; the second said "Sure, we'd be glad to help you. Tell us more about what you want." The third was from Darryl Waters at Adeo, who had laid out an entire several-page sample itinerary, complete with photos and a list of the services he could arrange. So of course we went with him, and we have not regretted it for a moment. The trip was everything we wished for, and more: wonderful scenery, great suggestions of things to do and see; B&B's with lots of character. I recommend Adeo highly, and if/when I return to the UK, this is the agency I will use.

Dover, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Adeo Travels

We just returned from a 15 day trip through the UK arranged by ADEO. The entire experience was just amazing from the planning right through the final day. I would absolutely recommend this group to anyone.

Brevard,NC
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Adeo Travels

My wife and I just returned from a 16 day Great Britain by Rail tour arranged by AdeoTravel.

I spent 12 of my adult years working for a class A railroad in Florida. My wife and I have done some adventurous things in our retirement but when I checked TripAdvisor in 2014 for ideas on train travel, I ran across and did some investigating. On no website whatever did I find anything remotely negative.

I emailed them in Cardiff and spoke to Darryl Walters. He is mentioned numerous times. We began our

trip Sept 17. We ran from London to Bath to Cardiff the Birmingham, to Llandudno and Chester. We then proceeded to Scotland and did Glowgow, Inverness and Edinburgh thence to York and London.

What I want to convey is that Darryl hooked us up with a terrfic small coach tour of the Orkneys. This

Was a 4-5'day sidetrip after which we hooked up again with Adeo in Inverness for the trip south.

Know this.....Darryl is the most conscientious industrious travel agent I have met. Meticulous and always

Willing to return emails ASAP. We are approaching 70 and yet we managed to schlepp our luggage by ourselves from and to all hotel and train station. Hotels? Most good, one or two a little drab. All breakfasts in all,Hotel venues were terrif. Again, Adeo Travel is an above board legitimate British entity.

We even scheduled a meet with Darryl when we got to Cardiff. He bout us a pint and we had a fascinating visit for an hour. I forgot to mention that these tours are so flexible. You can schedule anywhere you want to go.

Thanks again Darryl!