We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best city to go to for ten days?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best city to go to for ten days?

Okay, so I am going to Europe in October-December and in my schedule so far, I have ten free days. I will be in London before those ten days and I need to go back to London after them, and I am trying to find somewhere to go in the middle. I am going to HEAPS of places on two separate tours I am doing, so I am either trying to choose somewhere I am not going to already, or somewhere that is worth going to for a longer time than just a day or two. Bearing in mind it wil be autumn/winter when I go. I want to go somewhere I can get to from London relatively easily and that I won't have to pay heaps to get to.

So far I have narrowed it down to:

- Paris (I am going there on my tour for two nights though)

- Rome (I am also going there on my tour for two nights)

- Edinburgh and Glasgow with a trip to the Highlands (I am going to Edinburgh for one day on my tour but not Glasgow)

- Barcelona (Spain is not included in my tour at all)

- Madrid

- Copenhagen

- Any other suggestions you are bursting to tell me about

- Is there anywhere else in France that is nice to go that I could occupy myself with for ten days?

I am really looking for somewhere where I can go and pretty much stay there for the ten days, so somewhere that has enough there to occupy me for that long.

Thanks in advance :)

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best city to go to for ten days?

Bearing in mind the time of year I would go as far South as you can.

Barcelona is an interesting city with lots of history and lots of things to see and do.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,157 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best city to go to for ten days?

Barcelona seems like a good option from the choices you give IMO.

The Gaudi Architecture is unique, the city has plenty to see and do, there are some big parks, and even beaches. You can get to some other interesting places by train fairly easily.

Several Low Cost flight carriers go there, cheapest tickets go early, though, book ahead....

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best city to go to for ten days?

Even though it won't be all that warm, I'd suggest Berlin, not only for the obvious history (WWII and the Cold War period) but also the museums, art galleries, architecture and concert halls.

It is a very easy city to walk around with a good underground rail network (u-bahn). Potsdam has also played a significant part in German history and is easily reached by S-bahn (overhead train).

Florence is a beautiful city too.

I don't think you would necessarily need 10 days in each of them though.

Edited: 02 April 2013, 23:01
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best city to go to for ten days?

Also consider more Paris and more Rome, as two nights are only enough to whet your appetite.

You must be on one of those "If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium" tours. You'll definitely want to slow down, sleep in and enjoy a slower pace after the tour.

5. Re: Best city to go to for ten days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:16