We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to London in end April to May

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling to London in end April to May

Hi,

Kindly need your advice on what to wear in London during these days of April to May?

I am from Singapore and it's my first time to travel to UK. I don't know what it's like there.

I will be visiting few places. I wonder what is the best footwear to bring, rubber shoes? boots? slippers?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to London in end April to May

We've had similar questions before and come to the conclusion that the terms used for many items of clothing in the far east are completely different from those used in the UK. Slippers are something we wear in the house before going to bed for example (though some people wear them at the supermarket... ).

Feel free to wear whatever you like. Unless you have some experience of cold climates, you will probably feel freezing even on the hottest day of the year here, so might need to wear warmer clothes than the locals.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to London in end April to May

I really dont know what to say to you!! I would normally say ' wear what you wear at home to go shopping in' but I dont know Singapore, you might wear flipflops!! But I wouldnt bring any of the things you mentioned, rubber shoes would be sweaty, boots too warm and slippers (?) useless.

If you are mainly in London you will not encounter mud, it could rain but perhaps not, I would take a flattish pair of comfortable strong shoes if expecting to walk a lot, leather is better than rubber.

3. Re: Travelling to London in end April to May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:17