We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Plymouth, England...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Purple Parking Business Heathrow

If you are thinking of using Purple Parking Business Car Parking at Heathrow Airport, please be aware that you need to read their small print. All of their advertising leads you to believe that your car will be parked in their multi-storey, secure, undercover car park where you drop it off. This is NOT true. I returned from a months trip to Africa to find that my car had in fact been driven to an open air compound some four miles away, before being returned to the undercover multi-storey car park for my return. This deal is 'smoke and mirrors'. Do not believe the claims that they make about keeping your car out of the adverse British weather conditions whilst you are away, they are simply not true. Obviously some cars are kept at the undercover multi-storey car park, but these are generally very short stay vehicles. The service offered otherwise was very good as long as you accept that your vehicle will more than likely be driven to an open air compound for storage and NOT kept in the undercover multi-storey car park where you drop it off.

150 replies to this topic
Normanton UK
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Interestingly I have used PP many times and knew this.

I suspect the car was moved to the secure open air facility that is about 4 miles away.

I think the only advantage of the Business parking is that it is quicker and easier to get to the various terminals.

I use PP probably twice a year and agree their service is fine.

Perhaps if you want coverd parking, you should make a prior request.

Plymouth, England...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Actually that is what I was told by the duty manager when I complained during the pick up of my car. Obviously that is what I will do in future. However, my point is that Purple Parking should openly state in their advertising

Plymouth, England...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Sorry, got cut off mid sentence. It should read that PP should openly state in their advertising that your car may be moved to another secure but uncovered car park.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

What's the big deal anyway? Cars are normally weatherproof. If it's covered in ice that's their problem to get it back to the undercover facility where you get it back.

Plymouth, England...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

No big deal, other than knowing what you are getting for your money up front! If you have a good product why hide one of the 'outs' to your unique selling point in the small print.

Walsall
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Its not just that customers are paying extra to park undercover at Business Parking-then their cars are driven,without their permission,on the Public Highway to Brent Road.Its the fact that some are being damaged,(as mine was-29 April 2013,Booking Ref:RJEZG),by their "boy racer" transfer staff.The AA,Mansfield Recovery and ATS Euromaster Tyres-report that my car "was driven for miles,with a broken Suspension Spring rubbing against the inner tyrewall-causing the tyre to fail".They had to get my damaged car back to the Business Park before I arrive there,so instead of calling a Recovery Vehicle-they drive it back and wreck the tyre too.They were supposed to call me next day-but after hours of me calling them,I was finally informed by a Customer Care Executive-"We do not accept any responsibility for the damage to your car".I have parked with them many times-NEVER AGAIN!

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

My beef with Purple Parking is the apparent decline in frequency of shuttle buses. I travel every 2-3 weeks and used to use them all the time (though not their Business strand, admittedly). Buses were quite frequent but lately they seem to be saving their fuel bill: I waited 40mins plus on several occasions - the last time it was 1 hour after i called. The staff I phoned were quite rude. Now I pay the extra and use Heathrow long stay. Also open air but it's a short - frequent - bus ride from the terminals.

Rockingham...
Level Contributor
2 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Do not park with these people. We have just returned to find our sat nav stolen from our vehicle. Yes ok we shouldn't have left it in there but since we had booked and paid for business parking we thought it would be ok. How wrong we were! Now having read many reviews it appears to be a common occurrence of money, sat navs and other items all being taken. Shocking!!

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

Having been a purple parking customer for years we will never use them again. Having paid for the Premium rate meet and greet service at Heathrow, we got off an overnight flight from the USA only to find the car not there and the attendant not the slightest bit concerned. He couldn't get a reply from his office and when he did get through was more interested in ordering plastic cups than finding out where our car was and after half an hour had to call twice more. We finally got the car after an hour. Perhaps we should have known better when we had problems on our return from Dubai in March as they had charged for washing and valetting which we had not booked and clearly had not been done. Our credit card company had to threaten legal action to get the refund . Heathrow long stay for us in future!

Edited: 17 September 2013, 13:34
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purple Parking Business Heathrow

arrived back wednesday - rude and miserable staff and managed again to run battery down by leaving key in position where it ran battery down - which they denied on email

will avoid in future and suggest others do the same - awful service

Reply to: Purple Parking Business Heathrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted