We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer in the Lake District - need urgent help!

Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1st timer in the Lake District - need urgent help!

Hello everyone! Need urgent help to come up with an itinerary.

Unexpectedly I have a day and a half to myself during a trip to the UK next week and I want to spend this time visiting the Lake District for the first time.

What are the must-do highlights for a first-timer? My interests are nature, historical sites and adventure sports (not extreme though). What is the best way to do the main touristy things? Is there a good day-tour that I can book?

Any suggestions for a centrally located B&B type accommodation - budget but not down to youth hostel levels?

Whats the best way to get there from London?

Sorry about the flurry of questions.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timer in the Lake District - need urgent help!

It takes at least 5 hours to get there from London whatever type of transport you use (apart from private helicopter). You don't have time to do things like adventure sports. You have time to find your accommodation and a boat trip on Windermere if you're lucky. Given that you cannot think of anything you want to see in the lakes, I would choose somewhere closer to London for your visit.

2. Re: 1st timer in the Lake District - need urgent help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:17