We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Highland Way vs. Great Glen Way in Scotland

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
West Highland Way vs. Great Glen Way in Scotland

Hello!

I am looking to do one of the long distance walks in Scotland this summer. I'm debating between the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way. I have about 5 days to spend on the walk. I'm wondering...

1)Is the scenery and experience of the West Highland Way much better than the Great Glen Way? Will there be a similar number of people on both trails in June? Would either be more fun for a solo walker?

2) How rigorous would doing the West Highland Way in 5 days be? I am in pretty good condition (work out regularly, enjoy hiking) but not the best condition. This will be my first long distance walk.

If the West Highland Way is much better than the Great Glen Way, and if it most likely needs more than 5 days, I can rearrange my travel plans to add a day or two, but I'd like to avoid that. That said, I want to make sure I get a full and wonderful Scottish walk experience! Any input would be very much appreciated!

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Highland Way vs. Great Glen Way in Scotland

I would love to see some responses to your question as I have the same interest. Maybe now someone will see it and respond.

2. Re: West Highland Way vs. Great Glen Way in Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:18