We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days in the UK

Grenoble...
1 post
Save Topic
9 days in the UK

I am heading back home to Montreal and I have 9 days in the UK (it's my first time there). My plane arrives and leaves London (30th June to 9th July). I am traveling on my own with no car.

I made this itinerary, does it make sense? I must make a stop in Glasgow to see a graduate school.

30th: Arrive early morning to London spend day and night.

1st: full day in London.

2nd: Head to Cambridge early morning for a half day. Head to York for the evening and night.

3rd: Spend morning in York arrive late afternoon to Edinburgh.

4th: full day in Edinburgh.

5th: take excursion to Glan Coe and sleep in Edinburgh.

6th: Early morning to Inverness, day and night there.

7th: Morning to Glasgow day and night there.

8th: Early afternoon head to London.

9th: day in London.

I am mostly interested by art and beautiful views. I like to walk. I am on a student budget.

Are there any hidden gems in any of those place that I must see. Nice art galleries, pretty parks, good friendly pubs and restaurants? Or places that are tourist traps that I should avoid at all cost?

Thanks!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 days in the UK

I dont think you can do this by public transport,

Day 2 - how are you plannig on getting to Cambridge and then York in a day?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 days in the UK

For art in London have a look at the websites for the big three The National Gallery, Tate Modern and Tate Britain. Also just off Trafalgar Square is the National Portrait Gallery

Those are all free. Not free but very good is the Courtauld Art Gallery and also see what's on at the Mall Galleries.

History of the art of Tudor and Stuart costume at the Queens Gallery beside Buckingham Palace is an excellent exhibition. About £9 entry fee I think.

And there are loads more galleries too. You are spoilt for choice

3. Re: 9 days in the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:17