We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 wks in UK

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Topic
3 wks in UK

Hi everyone,

Planning to make my first trip to UK next month and itinerary advices for 3 wks are more than welcome. I'm interested in culture and history.. travelling should happen cheapest/easiest way from place to another by using public transportations.

My first priority is to see places in England. Then maybe in Scotland and last but not least Ireland. (Actually already thinking about skipping Ireland.)

I'm flying first to London and maybe then I shall pay a visit in Oxford and Bath from where travel continues to North and finally trip ends back to London where I'm going to spend maybe 5 days.

Problem is that I'm bit perfectionist and I want to see and experience everything at once but as well as in many cases the time is again limiting factor.

Thank you already in advance!

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 wks in UK

After making some studies I basically decided to focus only to England.

My itinerary could look something like this...

1. Day Arrival to LHR in the morning -> Oxford

2. Oxford

3. Oxford -> Bath

4. Bath

5. Stone henge, Costwold village, Lacock, Castle combe

6. Bath -> Chester

7. Chester

8. Chester -> York

9.-11. York

12. York - > London

13.-17. London

18. Return flight

Any suggestions for improvement?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 wks in UK

Hello! Nice to read an itinarary that isn't trying to cram in too much. In fact, I see that you have allowed three full days for York, which is quite a lot for a small city. You might like to think about cutting York back to two or even one full day and then having extra time in London but using that time for a day trip to somewhere like Canterbury, which is a very attractive city and plays an important role in our history and culture

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 wks in UK

Thank you Sandy! Canterbury and Windsor are possible options so I'm going to think about your suggestion. :)

4. Re: 3 wks in UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:18