We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Dublin

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Dublin

Considering spending Sunday/Monday June 16 - 17 in Dublin. Is there a problem with attractions and shopping on Sundays? Will most be open? Can we get from the ferry to Temple Bar area easily?

Thank you!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Dublin

Dublin is not in the United Kingdom.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Dublin

Maybe you will get better information if you post this question on the Ireland forum.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Dublin

Always helps to know what country you are in, and the currency, etc

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Dublin

Good point, sorry!

We will be traveling from Bristol UK, coming from the US. Plan to take Holyhead ferry.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Dublin

why Holyhead and not Pembroke?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Dublin

Is Pembroke a better bet? Relying on guidebook info, rather than experience. Appreciate any advice.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Dublin

where are you traveling from and where is your final destination? Holyhead to Dublin and Pembroke to rosslare are both erry crossings to Ireland from wales (UK). From Bristol I would go from Pembroke to Rosslare. Holyhead is a bit of a trek. but if your final destination is Dublin City I suppose you may have to do it. Or fly?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Dublin

We plan to ramble around Wales after the short trip to Dublin. I have been to Dublin and Central Ireland, but my Husband has not. We are booked into a cottage in Wales begining Monday night. May decide to do a seperate Ireland trip another time. It's our 30th anniversary reward to ourselves!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Dublin

ok. If you're in Wales anyway a short trip to Dublin for a day/night from Holyhead is reasonable. Be aware that Holyhead itself is a dump.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Dublin

Thank you, good to know.