We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Worcester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Hi,

I need some help for a holiday. The little one is 8 month.

Where could we go? Ideally direct on the beach, not too hot weather, but water warm enough for the baby.

Where could I go?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Are you talking within the UK? Or any where in the world?

Worcester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Hi,

Ideally something with short transfer times. I don't mind where it is.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,882 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Why don't you look at the places you can fly to from your most local airport, and go from there...

Failing that, the Scillies or Cornwall spring to mind, or even the Essex Sunshine Coast (though the water can be a bit cool, didn't seem to bother us much, as kids!)

Perhaps the Channel Islands??

Might actually be the time to pop into a local Travel Agent and book a package, then all the transfers etc are taken care of and all you need to do is go, and enjoy....

Worcester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Thanks for that.

Do you know from what port the ferries go to Scillies and Channel Islands?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,882 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

http://www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk/

http://www.channelislandferry.com/

Really, you can find this stuff on the web for yourself pretty quickly...

Worcester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

I really appreciate your help!

I was thinking about Portugal, do you think the sea in the Algarve region is the same temperature wise

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Babies do not need/enjoy/want holidays, why not stay home and buy a paddling pool. Plenty of time later to enjoy beach holidays. Or just admit the holiday is for you nad leave baby with someone else ofr a week.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,882 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

Probably warmer in the Sea at the Algarve, being further south, years since I have been there though, but I did go in the sea, so can't have been too bad!

Fuchs has a bit of a point, though..

It is pretty truemthat a baby won't care much where you are, or what you do. They might well care whether you are there or not, though!

I would not "leave" them with any one for a week for a first try, if you want to leave them behind, a week-end's trial strikes me as kind to all concerned!!

Travelling with even the barest min of baby paraphernalia strikes me as a bit painful...

But many families manage it, they just "get on with it" and have good times.....

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

This is like extracting teeth. You haven't even said what time of year you are thinking of yet.

<< water warm enough for the baby >> I would suggest an indoor heated swimming pool for a start, and one that caters for all age groups. Ie: Somewhere like this:

http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/web/wlc_index.htm

Coastal water temperatures around the UK are chilly at the best of times, and are below average this year due to the extended winter and cold spring. Sea temperatures in The Algarve are colder than you might thing as well, owing to the fact it's on The Atlantic coast.

No disrespect intended but this rather an odd post.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 19:31
10. Re: Travel ideas needed ( with an infant)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:16