We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget for 6 weeks in Europe

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Budget for 6 weeks in Europe

Hi again! This is actually about all of Europe but there doesn't seem to be a forum for Europe in general. I'm spending 6 weeks in Europe over December and January, and I'm just wondering how much I should be aiming to budget. I've already booked my flights so I don't have to worry about that cost and I'll have free accommodation for all but about a week and a half, so that's not too big of an issue either.

As a basic rundown, I'm spending about 10 days in Germany (free accom), then just over a week in northern England (free accom), then just under a week in Scotland, 4 days in Paris by myself, then just over a week in London (free accom) and 6 days in Ireland - 5 of which I'll be on a tour.

I haven't paid for any accommodation yet or travel between each country, but I think I've got a fair idea of how much to budget for that. So I'm looking for help with how much money I'll need for attractions, souvenirs, food, etc. I haven't really decided exactly what I want to see yet apart from a few (Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace, etc), so just a general idea would be really helpful, as would any tips on making the most of my money over there.

Thanks in advance :)

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget for 6 weeks in Europe

Well Buckingham Palace is going to be free since it isn't open to visitors in winter. You just get to look at it from the outside I'm afraid.

2. Re: Budget for 6 weeks in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18