We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

Hi,

I have booked a holiday with the above company for my honeymoon in November 2013 and have paid a deposit. They seem to be a genuine company and further research seem to be a collection of franchise agents. Before I pay the substantial balance, has anybody had any dealings through this company? The agent I have booked with is Steven Cheal of Portsmouth, I have talked to him on the phone and he seems genuine, they have sent me an ATOL certificate but in the ATOL certificate issuer of Global Cruising. The ATOL protection is in the name of Freedom TVL Ltd.

I have been unable to find a lot of useful info on the net. Would appreciate if anybody could give me some info.

Crazy Al

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

If you paid the depost with a credit card your money will be ok. If you paid in cash or cheque, it would be worth the surcharge to pay the balance by credit card. If you have a booking number with the cruise line, it should be possible to log in to their site. If you can do that, it should be ok.

For info in the future and to get regular emails about cruise bargains and reviews, www.cruise.co.uk is good. I have booked two cruises with them. I am not connected with them in any way.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

Two things I would try to do, One. Ring your honeymoon destination and confirm your booking has been made. Two. Contact a reputable travel agency and ask them if they know these people.

Worthing, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

Alwyn,

Cruise Holidays UK is a trading name of Global Cruising Ltd. We are members of the Freedom Travel Group Ltd who are part of the Thomas Cook Group.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Regards

Steve Cheal

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

Just had a letter from Freedom Travel group saying Cruise Holidays UK no longer act as a Management Agency for them, but my holiday is safe. Just rang Freedom Travel group about my tickets and they said they would be posting them 1st class post today (12/11/13) or tomorrow. I wait with intrepidation but I smell a possible scam - hope I'm wrong as they are supposed to be part of the Thomas Cook Group.!!

Watch this space!!

Alwyn

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

The reason for your leetter was that Cruise Holidays had changed consortium and left Freedom Travel. We are now part of Mid Counties Co-op consortium.

Jon Fletcher

Cruise Holidays UK

6. Re: Cruise Holidays Uk ltd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:20