We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England bucket list- too ambitious?

2 posts
Save Topic
England bucket list- too ambitious?

I've got 7 days in England.

On my bucket list is London, Bath and the Lake District.

I'm flying in from London and out from London.

Am I being to ambitious?

I would preferably be traveling between these destinations by train.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,917 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

"Am I being to ambitious?"

Probably.

What is it you want to see and do in these places? I'd suggest cutting the Lake District, and perhaps combining Bath and the Cotswolds on a short tour. Otherwise, you'll spend 2 of your 7 days on trains. (700 miles).

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

Well, Bath and the Lake District are at opposite ends of England.

It all really depends on how much time you want to spend in London.

IMO with only 7 days for the whole trip, I'd be inclined to cut out either Bath or the Lake District, depending on what your priorities are.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

Bath is easy by train - just take the First Great Western train from London Paddington to Bath (prebook tickets to save money, using the First Great Western website, not another ticket company). The Lake District is a long way up North for a day trip from London.

The Lake District is good to combine with Edinburgh and York, you could do another trip to the UK in the future and do those 3 together perhaps with a few more days in London at the beginning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

I agree with others. Yes Bath as a day trip by train from London but not the Lake District. Too far and needs more than one day. You could take day trips out from London to other locations but not the Lake District.

6. Re: England bucket list- too ambitious?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:19