We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John O'Groats

Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
John O'Groats

Can you believe after 60 years that the sign that everyone has photos taken at has been moved. This is because it does not fit the image of the hotel. It's what makes John O'Groats. I hope it's put back as the views behind it are stunning.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John O'Groats

Where has it been moved to? I have a picture of me in front of the sign but there is no stunning scenery behind it just the sea (It was raining and blowing a gale at the time :-)

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John O'Groats

surely the scenery is still there?

Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John O'Groats

Did you not see the islands behind you?

Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John O'Groats

Yes the islands have not been moved. I think your missing the point. That is a land mark thats been there for 60 years has been told to move, along comes a company does up the hotel and then says this does not fit their IMAGE! Think what this does for tourism in Scotland.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John O'Groats

Is the signpost still there ? If so I'm not sure I see your point, people mostly want to take pictures of the sign, not whats behind them, which as I say can't be seen in my picture anyway and if you want to see the islands you still can I presume?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John O'Groats

I've just had a look again at my pictures, in the background is a slight island, looks quite low. It's absence wouldn't be missed at all, or certainly wasn't by me its only when I had another look I realised its even there !

For example, here's one (not of me) www.google.co.uk/imgres… I wonder who would care or notice if the islands behind the guy were one?

Edited: 05 September 2013, 15:04
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John O'Groats

"were gone" not "were one".

8. Re: John O'Groats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:16