We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coats in November

Richmond
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Coats in November

My family of 6 is heading to London, Edinburgh, and Paris (in that order) for 2 1/2 weeks in late November. We would like to bring only one coat, warm but lightweight, for each of us, but am getting concerned that we will need something waterproof too (like some sort of shell). Any suggestions on what would be appropriate? We are from Vermont so we are used to the cold.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coats in November

My favourite coat is a 'three in one' it does me for all seasons, it is a waterproof coat with a zip out fleece liner, you can weat the coat on its own or the fleece on its own, and zipped together they are completely stormproof.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coats in November

IF I' trying to travel light, I take a fleece jacket, and a waterproof to put over the top. But if you're staying within cities, it isn't so important as you cna be inside easily. Obviously it needs a little more thought if you were hoping to get out into the countryisde and walk around in some picturesque villages and the like.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coats in November

If your coat is not waterproof, you also need an umbrella. Or just go inside if it rains.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coats in November

You definitely need a waterproof for all three as they have equally unpredicatble, showery, climates.

Layers are always advised so that you can adjust warmth with a lightweight waterproof to go on top.

It might not rain for your entire stay, but there is no way of telling and, in November, I would expect it to do so at some point.

london
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coats in November

I think waterproof (or at least showerproof) would be good, if only because it will also mean windproof ... personally I usually go for the fleece with a lightweight showerproof which I can put over it too ... the showerproof can scrunch down when not needed and even fits in my handbag

6. Re: Coats in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:23