We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from China to London recheck baggage

3 posts
Save Topic
Flight from China to London recheck baggage

I travel from Beijing to London and transfer at frankfurt. The first part of the trip is Air China and transfer to British airways in Frankfurt. My concerns are: will my baggage go through to london or I need to recheck at frankfurt?I dont know if i bought a trough ticket or not but I only have one e-ticket number. If I need to re-checkin,do I need to pass the eu border?

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from China to London recheck baggage

You need to speak to whoever you booked your ticket through. We cannot guess if you have booked a through flight. If you have a through flight your luggage will not need to be collected at Frankfurt.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from China to London recheck baggage

Air China do not code share with British airways, you have to collect your luggage at Frankfurt pass through immigration and check in with British Airways.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from China to London recheck baggage

It's not universally the case that through-checking happens only on codeshares, or only if there's one ticket: airlines have all sorts of relationships with other airlines . And, BTW, there's no such thing as an "EU border". There aren't ASEAN borders, or Greater China borders, so where on earth did you

dream up these "EU borders"?

You need to ask this question of Air China. If you can through-check your bags, you transfer at Frankfurt to your BA flight without going through immigration, which you go through when you get to London. If you can't through-check, you go through German immigration, collect your bag, check it in again, go through German outgoing passport control and security, then go through UK immigration in London

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from China to London recheck baggage

Alright. thanks

5. Re: Flight from China to London recheck baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:19