We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hours at Heathrow airport

Mexico
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
4 hours at Heathrow airport

Hi!

I will go to Frankfurt next week but I stay 4 hours at the Heathrow airport I can go to London for a pair of hour or what you recommend?

Thaks for your information

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

I recommend you dont even think about leaving the airport to be honest. What are the scheduled arrival times of your flights, which airlines, and which terminals ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,859 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

If you have four hours between the time your flight arrives from MEX and the next departs to FRA then you will not have time to go to central London. It is an hour on the Underground from the airport and you will need to be at Terminal 5 at least 90 minutes before the flight to Frankfurt departs.

If you are not flying British Airways to T5 then the connection from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 will take about an hour as well.

Si va a tener dos horas entre vuelo de llegada y salida no tendrá tiempo para ir al centro de Londres. Se trata de una hora en el metro desde el aeropuerto y tendrá que ser en la Terminal 5 por lo menos 90 minutos antes del vuelo a Frankfurt va.

Si no está volando con British Airways a T5 entonces la conexión de la Terminal 4 a la Terminal 5 wil tomar alrededor de una hora también.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
781 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

You wish. Better hit a pub and get a pint instead of risking to miss your connecting flight.

Hope Mills, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

Thanks for the tip!!...Muchas gracias!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

My advice was going to be bring a good book!!

Don't even contemplate leaving the airport unless it's for some fresh air just outside the front door!

6. Re: 4 hours at Heathrow airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21