We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to travel in November

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to travel in November

Hello

We are based in London and planning a short trip within UK in mid of November with a 9 month old baby.

Can I please have suggestions what would be good places for 3-4 nights stay, which are around 2-2.5 hrs away from London. We have been to Bath & Kent for overnight stays and made several day trips to Cotswold so any other places would be great. Our purpose is to relax.

Would really appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,617 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to travel in November

Assuming you have a car and don't mind wind then the North Norfolk coast has a certain grandeur at this time of year. Lots of walking and a wide range of accommodation including self catering which I am guessing is what you might be looking for.

http://www.visitnorthnorfolk.com/

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to travel in November

North Norfolk would be great, and the wind hasnt turned to the North East yet, Adam, so its quite safe.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to travel in November

Hi Tweetoo,

I agree with the two previous posters and you could also consider Norwich which is a nice compact city.

Bob

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to travel in November

Thanks for your suggestions. Which place in north norfolk should be bas ourselves in? We would like to relax so looking for a place that's beautiful and has something to do around so we don't have to travel much.

Also, if we base ourselves in Norwich, I believe it's beautiful, where in north norfolk should we visit.

Thanks.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to travel in November

It's some time since I've been there, but surely the North Norfolk coast would be a bit cold and windswept in November? And - please correct me if I'm wrong - but apart from Norwich, I don't recall many indoor places to visit - even if OP didn't have a baby, they might want to get out of the cold and wet occasionally.

How about Brighton, the South Downs, maybe Winchester or Portsmouth? I suspect these places might be a little milder, and have a few more indoor options.

6. Re: Where to travel in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19