We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

winter travel

The Villages
2 posts
Save Topic
winter travel

Traveling to UK in end of January or first of Febuary. Where would be more inside warm activities? What about stonehenge that time of year? I'm from Florida so don't want to be a frozen popcycle when I return.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,300 Reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
477 Reviews
from US$105.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,098 Reviews
from US$134.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$334.60*
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: winter travel

That's a very vague question. Generally... er... indoor activities are more common in towns. Eg London, Oxford, or wherever takes your fancy. . My favourite such activities include sitting in a pub with a pint of real ale (that's our 'warm' beer.. not really warm, but merely cool). I digress. What things are you interested in? Some tourist attractions may be closed over the winter. You really need to give us a bit more to go on. Swimming in the public baths in Cardiff might be warm, but unless you tell us whether you like swimming and intend going to Wales, it doesn't help much.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 20:07
The Villages
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: winter travel

I quess that was VERY vague. My husband is on buisness travel and I am trying to decide whether to meet him in Glasco or London for a few days. Love to do the tourist things, shop, good eats/drinks. I have been to London a couple of times but did not venture outside of town. So I was thinking of more surronding areas if I go to London. Have not been to Glasco but was in Edinburg which I loved but lots of outside activities. I love being outside and walking but not when it is too cold.ALso love theatre and musuems.

Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: winter travel

It's Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: winter travel

Lots of shops in Glasgow. Museums (free) theatres restaurants pubs. Just like any city really.

Plenty to see and do. But not always warm.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: winter travel

If keeping warm is really such a priority then, other than the away end at Gillingham, I can think of few worse places than Stonehenge in late January.

But as is often said, there is no such thing as the wrong weather, only the wrong clothes. One of the great delights of our country is its four distinct seasons. Each has its virtues - and there is little better than a long walk on a cold, clear day.

You can do "hot" for the rest of your life in Florida. My advice is to wrap up and enjoy it here !

6. Re: winter travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question