We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

Hi all,

I am curious to hear from Aussies who have applied for a UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and had issues with the application (e.g. missing documentation, incomplete info etc). How have you found the customer service from the UKBA? How have they contacted you with regards to issues?

Linda

Essex
Level Contributor
28,208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

Homework again??

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

^^^ Certainly looks like it EW. I doubt this post will last long.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

@Bluebreeze54 is there something wrong with trying to understand other peoples experiences? If you're not going to contribute to the answer, then there's no need to reply.

@EssexWanderer I am interested in reading other peoples experience of the process. I've read a lot about people obtaining their visa but not a lot of feedback on customer service if something goes wrong.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

I am interested in reading other peoples experience of the process. I've read a lot about people obtaining their visa but not a lot of feedback on customer service if something goes wrong.

--------

To what end? It's not like discussing an airlines failings and deciding you'll use another one one on the basis of poor reports "UK border control was poor so I went with Estonian the next time they got me a British work permit in half the time"

Unfortunately there isn't an alternative Border Agency so it does indeed sound as if you are accumulating reports for some sort of report or homework or similar, which is not permitted here.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

I have sent my application off and I am simply wanting to be prepared if problems were to arise. E.g. Expected response times, if applicants dealt with the same person etc. I have never applied for working visas before so naturally I am nervous even having triple checked my docs.

Yes, i am a newbie and I did not realize that my post would be see as soliciting information for a report or something so for that I apologize. I thought my question was simple and innocent but apparently not, so lesson learned.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 21:24
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

In which case you'll do better finding a specific website/ forum for UK visa issues as what you want falls outside the mainstream of what's discussed here, on this website, or this specific forum.

You should be able to turn something up with google, I know I found one earlier this year when looking for something similar.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

Thanks, I appreciate the reply and will move my question elsewhere.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

Bunch of stuff here theaussienomad.com/travel-tips/… might have links to other boards in there and google shows plenty of other places its being discussed in detail

9. Re: UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Application Issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17