We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Break

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Break

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions on a good place for a short 1-2 night break (Sun-Tues). My finals finish in March and my boyfriend and I are planning on going away somewhere for a night or two.

We live in Glasgow so it's got to be within 3-4 hours drive. We want it to be a rural or at least relatively rural place so that we can maybe go for a walk, get pampered somewhere or just curl up together. Because I'll be busy revising/stressing out from January onwards we're wanting this to be a complete getaway from the stress and a time to devote entirely to us. Looking for there to be good food either where we're staying or nearby, preferably not more than £30 each for 2-3 courses. Ideally looking to spend no more than £150 for the room (ideally that would include breakfast +/- evening meal) but if something really caught our eye we can go up to max £200.

I've had a look around and found some good deals for Cambridge House Hotel in Southport, Bodidris Hall in Wrexham, Wordsworth Hotel in Grasmere and Broadoaks Country House in Troutbek. Further recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Break

Hi Sqorrox and welcome,

How about having a look at The Isle of Arran!

http://www.visitarran.com/

Seems to fit all your criteria and I am sure you could get a good deal for March!

Bob

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Break

Thank you. I'll have a look.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Break

What about the Hilton in Dunkeld?

Or perhaps somewhere in St Andrews?

Or over to Oban area on the west coast?

4. Re: Weekend Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:18