We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fredonia, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic

Going to Scotland in August want to take a day tour going to Scotland and I'll get someone to take a day tour I'm dealing with so

going to Scotland in August and would like to take a detour in Inverness on the Outlander books if anybody knows a good tour guide for international for this please let me know

The English Bus
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Tour Londres
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Little Fish Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland

I have read this several times and can make no sense of it at all. Have a rethink and ask again in plain English in the Inverness forum.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,830 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland

Outlander - series of books (soon to be a film I believe) - about a Connecticut Yankee in the Court of King Arthur (or was that someone else) - the origin of which can be blamed on Joe Sugden from Emmerdale Farm

As for OP -

1) Edinburgh in August is peak season beyond belief - book now if you want anywhere decent to sleep, or avoid Edinburgh if crowds, comedians & very strange stuff isn't your thing

2) Scots tend not to like twee Scottish tales

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotland

From the original post I gather you will be somewhere in Scotland in August and during that time you wish to visit the Inverness area.

If you let people know where you are staying in Scotland and how long you want to spend on your detour then perhaps we can help.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotland

I can't make head or tail with this post either other than you are going to Scotland in August and wish to see Inverness.

I agree that the best thing you could do is post on the Inverness forum in clear terms so people can understand what advice you are asking for.

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotland

We will be in Inverness for a function finishing on May 10th.

We then want to spend up to 8 days driving around up that area including the islands. I'd like to go to Isle of Skye…how long should we allow and can I drive onto any other islands???

Would love to hear of any suggestions please.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
13,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotland

please start a new thread in the Scotland forum, this one is posted in the UK forum and was so confusing to start with that no one is going to re read it.

QLD, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scotland

Thank you - I had been on SCT site but moved around and obviously ended up on UK.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scotland

Some of these post are so mean. If she is interested in Scotland because of the Outlander books, what's the problem? You could be kinder. I like Monarch of the Glen and want to see that area Should we all just stay away?

Anyhoo, there is a company call Inverness Tours that you can find in search engine. They do private 6 person tours but sell extra seats for a very good price. They do have a Diana Gabaldon Highlander tour.

Don't stay away, Nance. There are a lot of nice and helpful people in the forums.

Especially the Scots.

9. Re: Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:21
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor