We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
934 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

We are back in London in April, and staying at the Park Lane Hilton, Mayfair. My wife just pointed out that we arrive on Saturday, April 19, and that we need a restaurant for Sunday, April 20, Easter Sunday!

I started looking at some old regulars, but being both Sunday, and then Easter Sunday, I am not having much luck.

We are looking for up-scale to fine-dining, and have done many, such as Marcus Wareing @ Berkeley, Gordon Ramsay (Maze, Savoy, the eponymous restaurant and Petrus), Galvin @ Windows, The Greenhouse, Le Gavroche, Tamrind, Alain Ducasse @ Dorchester, and many others, but Sundays are an issue, and then you add in Easter, and I am batting zero.

We do not mind a lovely walk, or even a cab, so Mayfair is only our starting point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hunt

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,484 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

have you looked at Koffmans -also at the Berkeley

or Medlar in the Kings Road

both are normally open on a Sunday lunchtime

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,484 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

Another one is Chez Bruce in Wandsworth

the 3 restaurants I have suggested are possibly a bit more "laid back " and friendly than say Alan Ducasse -but all have great food and are open Sunday lunchtimes !

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

Thank you for the recommendations - none was on my radar screen, but I will search them out.

I see that I broke one of MY cardinal rules - I did not specify dinner time. Normally, it is I, who will ask posters for more necessary details. My bad!

Will report my findings. Also, I see that several restaurants do not list bookings (on Top-Table, or their own sites) for Easter, this far out. I might need to be a tad patient too.

Appreciated.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

I have also gotten some recs. elsewhere for The Ludbury, which I have also not visited. I have contacted them, about the exact date - Easter Sunday.

What comments can others make on that restaurant?

Thank,

Hunt

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,484 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

I suggest you post your questions on the London forum

Others there might have more ideas

Very few Michelin starred fine dining places are open on a normal Sunday for lunch /or dinner

and Easter is the 2nd biggest public holiday here in the Uk -even the stores are closed on that Sunday

Lawrenceville, New...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

Hi Hunt,

I too will be in London for Easter this year. Just came across this post and was wondering if you'd found anything worth mentioning!

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

McDonald's?

8. Re: Easter Sunday 2014 Fine-Dining Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 05:16