We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to London in August for 3 days and a half. I want to visit 4 museums, the Tower of London and stroll in Hyde Park (in departure day). So I guess I'll have to decide if I go to St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey. Which one is a must-see?

Thanks in advance

Highley, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

Every person will have a different opinion. Both are great venues with so much history.

I've been in St Pauls and you can see the cathedral itself as well as the galleries in the dome, great if you're an art fan!

However, Westminster Abbey is slightly more central, with the Houses of Parliament and London Eye nearby. Although you can travel around so quickly on the tube, so St Pauls isn't far out!

Ultimately it depends on which interests you more in terms of history? I think Westminster Abbey has a museum rather than a gallery so history or art?

Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

For me Westminster shades it for its history which you'll find has a lot in common with the Tower. Tough call though - they're both iconic landmarks in the history of London.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

Thanks, MI93. I'm an art fan. Maybe I'll leave Westminster Abbey for the next time I go to London.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

Thanks, Miles :)

Should I skip Hyde Park and go there? That is the question now.

5. Re: St. Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:18