We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anytime flight to London

Iowa City, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Anytime flight to London

I'm interested in visiting my son in London this coming year, and I don't really care when. Is there a website that would let me know about imminent cheap flights? I don't really need much notice.

Thanks,

Gary,

Iowa City, IA

Essex
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anytime flight to London

Skyscanner?

Kayak?

BUT

You are ALWAYS best to book direct with the Airline...

Edited: 18 January 2014, 18:39
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,625 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anytime flight to London

Hi Gary,

Also try asking on the TripAdvisor Air Travel forum which you can find at:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anytime flight to London

The days of "imminent" cheap flights, if you are thinking of standby or similar, are long gone. Best deals are several months in advance, and/or bought in a sale. If you are thinking you might get a deal by flying next week, whenever that might be, it's nor going to happen.

Fly out of peak season, which means avoiding Christmas, Easter, Summer, book in a sale. There are sales on now.

And as said, air travel forum is the appropriate place to ask.but you'll get a similar answer as I just said.

Finally, Book direct with the airlines, far too many scammer sites and just truly abysmal non scam but might as well be scammers, websites out there. Try looking at Norwegian, Iceland Air for cheaper deals.avoid all third parties. Never ever ever pay by direct debit / bank transfer,

4. Re: Anytime flight to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:18