We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas for UK

Cheltenham, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Visas for UK

Hello I am from Australia and am coming up to the end of my 2 year working visa In the UK. My question is, once I leave the UK, am I able to come back in on a tourist visa or any other options? or if you've had a working visa can you not get tourist visa afterwards? I was planning on going to Europe for a couple of weeks when visa expires but then coming back in for a month while I wait for my friends visa to expire and then head back home together. Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,673 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas for UK

Go straight to the official agency which deals with UK immigration and visas, and ask them.

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/

Don't rely on the hearsay of strangers. If you overstay - whether unintentionally or otherwise - you could have all sorts of problems if you ever want to come back here.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 12:16
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,609 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas for UK

The main problem you will have when returning to the UK is showing that you are going to leave the UK - for some reason immigration officers have this belief that Antipodean types are willing to live and work illegally in the UK especially if they've just spent 2 years on a Tier 5 visa and hence know people.

So do have definite plans for leaving the UK, preferably to Oz or somewhere else far far away

3. Re: Visas for UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:18