We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester City vs Barcelona

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Manchester City vs Barcelona

I'm heading to manchester for 1 night and was hoping to get a ticket to the game on February 18th... The resell website viagogo has completely taken the game off their site. Can't seem to find a legit ticket reseller anywhere... Any tips? Do people sell tickets outside before the game? I've had issues with fake tickets before in Birmingham... Really want to go to this match.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

Unauthorised resale of football tickets is a criminal offence in the UK.

Buying from such sources does carry a high risk of ending up with a forgery.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

Tickets from £199 with Thomascooksports.

A reliable but expensive way to obtain tickets

thomascooksport.com/Football/UEFA-Champions-…

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,529 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

...which also includes 1 night in a hotel and other add-ons.

But when I clicked on the link it takes you to the Thomas Cook Sport website, but when you select that Man City v Barcelona option it comes up with "an error has occurred".

Worth checking out though if Thomas Cook Sport sort their website out.

But I wouldn't even attempt to risk it and just turn up on the day of the match and try and buy a ticket from a scumbag tout!

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

Yeah thomascook website seems to be sold out or something... Really annoying.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,529 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

Now showing as £299 but the link to buy tickets still doesn't work.

I'd give it a miss if I were you.

Or maybe try to get one of the hospitality packages on the Man City website. They won't include hotel for the night (usually a pre-match meal etc), but that won't be cheap either.

Good luck.

Oh, and Man City have just been drawn home to Chelsea, and Liverpool away to Arsenal, in the next round of the FA Cup.

That will be a fun weekend of football! ;-p

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

There are a bunch of tickets for sale on viagogo for the Chelsea match next weekend. I figured they are similar games so there should be people trying to sell barca tickets... Very frustrating.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,529 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

From what I understand, Man City season ticket holders can sell their "seat" if they can't make it to the game.

That's how Viagogo works, but not all premier league teams allow their season ticket holders to re-sell their "seat" on Viagogo.

Liverpool FC certainly don't.

As I said, try one of the Man City hospitality packages, only available on the Man City website.

8. Re: Manchester City vs Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:18