We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased this membership and it's worth it compared to simply buying the National Trust Membership?

TIA

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,362 Reviews
from US$130.70*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,130 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.80
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$117.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$348.00*
Essex
Level Contributor
30,151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

If you mean this

heritagecanada.org/en/…member-benefits

And you are going to use your membership to visit places at home as well, then it seems like a no-brainer to me.....

Essex
Level Contributor
30,151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

This is the info on the UK National Trust website....

nationaltrust.org.uk/membership/…

Nothing to stop you from being full members here, of course, but if you are only visiting the UK for a short while, will it be relevent when you return home?

Only YOU can be the judge of that.....

Essex
Level Contributor
30,151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

OR

You could always consider a Touring Pass.....

nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

There are two National Trusts in the UK - one that covers England, Wales & Northern Ireland and one that is for Scotland. AFAIK members of one have reciprocal rights in the other and I think the Canadian version shares that. There is also a "touring pass" from the bigger UK body:

nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/…

Whether any of these are worthwhile will depend on the use you're going to be able to make of them - based on your itinerary posting I can't see that you're likely to visit many NT places so may well be cheaper to pay as you go.

Edit - see Essex Wanderer has also suggested the touring pass.

Edited: 07 February 2014, 14:54
Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

It may help to check what bodies, if any, sights you intend to visit belong to. Besides the two National Trusts there are also English Heritage, CADW (for Wales), Historic Scotland for the some of the publicly owned sights in Great Britain (I don't know the Northern Ireland version); then there the Historic Royal Palaces (Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace and more); the Royal Collection (Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Holyroodhouse and more), as well as others - we don't make thing easy!

In general National Trust members have to pay for anything other than a NT property, so you may be better looking out for the famed 2 for 1 deals in London in particular.

Mentioned in this post
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
United Kingdom
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

Parking is also free for NT members on the car parks IF they are owned by NT.

Same applies to English Heritage.

Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

Thanks all. I'm simply overwhelming myself at this point and as a result, I'm confused as to what I should do ahead of time ;p There are so many places with different types of passes and I thought it might be more economical if I purchase passes ahead of time. We want to see as many historic places that we can fit in while we are there from castles to houses to ruins. There needs to be a 1 size fits all option :P

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

<<There needs to be a 1 size fits all option :P>>

That would be great, but unlikely I suspect as there are numerous owners involved - the Heritage ones are owned by the state and I think most, if not all, of the rest are charities and we haven't touched on things like the Church!

At least many museums are free, apart from special exhibitions, so one less complication for you.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

This gives a good outline of which pass covers what....

So might help a bit with your decisions...

visitbritainshop.com/world/articles-and-feat…

Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heritage Canada The Natonal Trust

I guess I'll have to work with my travel companions and narrow down what we think we'll want to see, add up the costs of individual admission vs passes and go from there. Anywhere that I can save money on this trip is important, not that we can't afford it, but no need to pay more than necessary.

Essexwander, that link is very helpful! Thanks so much!

Thanks again for all of the feedback, these forums are a life saver :)

Edited: 07 February 2014, 15:33