We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

Hi,

Would appreciate help on how to get to Waterloo Station from LHR Terminal 4.

Should I get on Heathrow Express after transfering to Heathrow Central or can I take the Piccadilly Line to Waterloo directly from LHR Terminal 4?

Will be arriving in late October.

TIA!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

I'm assuming you aren't staying AT Waterloo Station, so where precisely do you want to be.

But assuming it's in easy walking distance of the station

Take the Piccadilly Line to Green Park

Take the escalators to the exit BUT DON'T GO THROUGH THE BARRIERS but turn around and descend to the Jubilee Line

Travel to Waterloo

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response,

You are right to assume that I am staying within walking distance to the station.

Alrightey...Piccadilly Line to Green Park and down through the Jubilee Line to Waterloo.

Much appreciated!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,894 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

There is another route you can take too.

Catch the 490 bus from outside the terminal to Feltham Station, then take a train into Waterloo (six per hour).

be aware though that London Buses will probably not take cash fares by October 2014, so you will need to either obtain an Oyster card or buy a one-day travelcard at the Underground station in Terminal 4.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

Hi Wirewiper,

Much thanks for your suggestion.

Think I would stick to the train considering that it might be a more convenient option given our luggage.

Cheers!

5. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 to Waterloo Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:21