We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London To Denbighshire

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
London To Denbighshire

Hello,

I am reaching London from Delhi in March and I needed to go to Ruthin in Denbighshire (North Wales) straight from Gatwick airport. I needed an advice on how to travel? I would prefer the economical though quickest way. I would appreciate your responses.

Thanks All

Abhi

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
The Delhi Restaurant
The Delhi Restaurant
1,110 Reviews
Solihull, UK
March
March
Cambridgeshire, UK
Ruthin
Ruthin
Denbighshire, UK
Denbighshire
Denbighshire
North Wales, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,392 Reviews
from US$124.90*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,150 Reviews
from US$127.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
541 Reviews
from US$112.70*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,809 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London To Denbighshire

Without knowing the time of day and day of the week your flight arrives, it is difficult to suggest what may be suitable.

Trains from Gatwick to Wrexham (for Ruthin) will take about four hours and involve two changes: a First Capital Connect train from Gatwick to London St Pancras, a short walk from St Pancras to Euston station then a train to Wrexham with a change at Chester. You could alight at Chester and make your way to Ruthin from there as well.

Fare will depend on when you plan to travel. Let us know more, please.

Mentioned in this post
Wrexham
Wrexham
Wrexham County, UK
Ruthin
Ruthin
Denbighshire, UK
London
London
England, UK
Chester
Chester
Cheshire, UK
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London To Denbighshire

Thanks for rough idea :)

I will reach Gatwick on 3rd March in morning 6:00.

Thanks Again

Abhi

Mentioned in this post
March
March
Cambridgeshire, UK
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,809 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London To Denbighshire

With an arrival at 0600 you will probably be ready to leave the airport at about 0715 - 0730, and trains to London will be filled with commuters.

The FCC train to St Pancras with onward travel from Euston may be your best bet. The 1110 Virgin Trains departure from Euston to Wrexham has Advance single tickets from £36.50, a bargain when compared to other Advance or Off Peak fares for travel in two weeks' time. A single from Gatwick to St Pancras will cost £10; you need not book that ticket before arriving in London, just buy on the day (train times at www.nationalrail.co.uk ). If you wish to take the 1110 departure from Euston to Wrexham you will need to book at www.virgintrains.co.uk

Edited: 17 February 2014, 07:28
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Virgin Trains
Virgin Trains
980 Reviews
London, UK
Wrexham
Wrexham
Wrexham County, UK
4. Re: London To Denbighshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:17