We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM Card for Travelling Around UK

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
SIM Card for Travelling Around UK

I'm from Toronto, Canada and have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II X that was a originally a Koodo phone (Canadian telecom company). I will be travelling around the UK from April 18th to April 29th and would like advice on which SIM Card would be best for me.

The cities I'm going to be stopping at are London, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Conwy (North Wales), Liverpool, and Edinburgh. I will be getting my Samsung Galaxy S II X unlocked.

I would like to be able to use my phone primarily for data (my uneducated estimate is 500MB - 1GB for the whole trip; will probably mostly be for Google Maps).

I will probably only make 5-10 texts throughout my trip.

I would like to be able to make locals calls here and there. Let's say 4 short calls in London and 1 short call in every other city. I may need to make a few 5 minute long distance calls to Canada.

Thanks for your help

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM Card for Travelling Around UK

Find a carphone warehouse store and ask them what the best current deal is. Their website lists store locations, they are all over.

2. Re: SIM Card for Travelling Around UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:18