We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

Oklahoma City...
3 posts
Save Topic
London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

Hello, My family of four (2 adults, 2 children) are coming to London In June. We have rented a flat In Bayswater for the week we are there. We have a 2 to 3 minute walk to Paddington Rail and also the Bayswater tube. We Plan on going to Harry Potter Warner Brothers one day, and a must for my kids is to travel to Cardiff to See the Dr. Who attraction on another day. I plan on pre purchasing those tickets online to get into the attraction before we go. That leaves us four days to travel around London and see the sights, shop, and so on. Would the London Pass or would a 7 day Travelcard which from what I have read allows you to use the tube, bus, and Rail with 2 4 1 coupons to use for the attractions we want to see be better? Thanks for your reponses.

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

Use the two for one offers rather than Londonpasses.

Depending on when you plan to travel to Watford Junction you may be eligible for a GroupSave rail fare from Euston, where four travel for the price of two. Tickets for the trip from Paddington to Cardiff Central will go on sale from about 12 weeks in advance; book those at www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk and use the information website www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and fares to Watford Junction.

Seven day Travelcards for zones 1 and 2 at £31.40 for adults and £15.70 for children will give you unlimited use on all modes of transport in those zones with no time of day constraints and, when bought at Paddington's rail ticket office on the main concourse near platform 1, be good for use with the two for one offers.

There is far more flexibility when using the two for ones, as you will only pay for admission to the sights you would like to visit rather than having paid a lump sum up front and (possibly) then feel a need to dash from point to point to get value for money.

Oklahoma City...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

Thank you for the information!

3. Re: London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 13:09
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,024 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

The 'review' in post three reads somewhat like an advert.

And the reviewer states on her site that "I am brand and PR friendly, I accept reviews, advertising and collaborative posts, please ask for my rate card."

The London Pass review also starts with "We’ve been asked to review the London Pass."

LeisurePassGroup, can we assume it was yourselves that asked her to do so and did you bung her a free one to assist her review?

Edited: 12 March 2014, 10:03
5. Re: London Pass Vs. 2 4 1 Railway deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27