We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling around Europe costs?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling around Europe costs?

Hi All,

Really want to do a Europe Trip but have no idea of the cost. We've been into STA travel and we want to the the bus about tour which works out around £700 quid to do.

However i'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how much it will cost per day/week/month for hostels/food etc. I want to do as much of Europe as possible over a 6 month period from May-Oct.

If anyone has any advice or has done it before let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling around Europe costs?

Regarding costs per day - it depends on where in Europe you want to go.

For example, I have found Berlin and other parts of Germany to be a hell of a lot cheaper than Paris and other cities in France such as Marseille.

Places in Belgium such as Brussels and Antwerp can be cheaper than the Netherlands across the border.

And for the Eastern European countries, such as Poland and Hungary etc, it's can be dirt cheap.

So you need to look into which countries you want to visit.

Also, consider getting the train instead of coach.

Have a look at the excellent www.seat61.com for lots of advice and tips about train travel.

Edited: 26 March 2014, 18:23
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling around Europe costs?

Thank you!

3. Re: Travelling around Europe costs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:15