We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

This may be a daft question, but I've never cruised before! Can we walk in to the cruise terminal ?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

Yes but it is quite a long way if you have luggage. It also depends which of the four termimals you are going from. Ocean and QE2 are further away from the city centre than City and Mayflower. A taxi from the city centre/railway station/coach station will cost a maximum of £10 and probably quite a bit less than that.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

Yes, and I always walk into the cruise terminal but I do get stopped by security at the road barriers every time. I tell them what I'm doing "going to the Celebrity xxxxx" and they let me pass. There is a designated walkway to follow so presumably a lot of folk choose to walk to their ship, and walk off it back into the city as well.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

Thank you both very much for those reassuring replies

4. Re: Getting in to Southampton cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16