We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget for 8 weeks in Europe

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Budget for 8 weeks in Europe

I am looking to travel Europe next year for 8 weeks during June/July. I was wondering how much I should budget (including flights and accommodation) for 8 weeks? I will stick to a budget whilst over their (staying in hostels etc.) but I won't be super strict and I would still like to do lots of day trips, activities, eat out and of course shop. I would like to go to typical places, Barcelona, France, Italy, Croatia, London and so on. In Italy and London I will have friends and family to stay with so most likely won't have to pay for much accommodation in those places. It would be great to get an idea of how much I should be saving!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget for 8 weeks in Europe

It is very difficult to give a precise answer here. I have found that trips of about a month in Europe have cost me about AU$10000 give or take 1000. I stay at a mix of hostels and hotels. On the other hand I hate shopping so I spend very little in that way. Having free accommodation will certainly help you. However there are many ways that your spending patterns may differ from mine, so I cannot be more precise than that.

2. Re: Budget for 8 weeks in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:15