We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venere.com

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Venere.com

I booked a hotel on this site and was quoted in Sterling all the way through to paying by credit card. As soon as I received the reservation confirmation, the quote changed to Euros and I have now been hit by a hefty Non Sterling Transaction Fee by Natwest, my credit card issuer, which I am very UNHAPPY about. Anyone else had same problem with this site?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Venere.com

Probably

But their T&C say:

If you select the option to pay online immediately, you will be charged the amount in the currency that you select immediately. If you do not select any of the available currencies you will be charged the amount in Euro.

I would suspect you missed the currency select option

Having a card that doesn't charge for overseas transactions is a good option

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venere.com

No, I chose the GBP option as I am very careful not to use foreign currency websites. I should have been charged in GBP but have been hit with the card fees by being charged in Euros.

Yes, I am overdue a change in card issuers but for convenience, sticking with Natwest for the time being.

3. Re: Venere.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16