We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

2 posts
Save Topic
Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

Hello friends

I am planning to visit Scotland( mainly Edinburgh/loch Lomond/Perth/and places of serinic beauty for which Scotland is famous)in June end or July beginning.most of the tour companies which operate tours to nearby places do not allow kids under 5 years.

I wish to know if there is any tour company which allow kids up to 2

Years or 2-3 years.I have no car so it is good to go via tour company. Please advise.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

Puneet,

I have children, now grown up, I would never have contemplated taking them on a coach tour holiday at any age, up to seven years old we had a caravan by the sea for a week and they ran wild, played in the sand and had a great time, After seven they had an equal input as to what region to go to and what to do, they never wanted to go on a coach tour. Lodges in the woods in the Highlands or in Dorset by the sea with the odd longer day trip. The advice you have received is sound although you may not like it, children under five do not as a rule enjoy hours on a bus, and are not allowed.

And for the record, I have never referred to my children as kids (which are small goats).

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

When you have children you have to modify your holiday choices. Coach tours tend to appeal to older adults looking for a quiet and relaxing time, and that is why the companies do not allow children on board.

However, if you don't want to drive, why not use public transport so you can take your time and make adequate toilet, playtime and meal breaks?

To be honest, the whole idea sounds potentially very stressful for you all - most families would prefer a nice cottage or lodge where children can run around and have fun!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

I'll admit I don't have children but I have a lot of friends with children under 10 and I've been on holiday with them on numerous occasions! Can only agree with the posts above that there is a very good reason bus tours don't allow children under 5 - for the benefit of both themselves and other passengers!! Even 5 I think is too young. As others have said, family holidays should not be about driving, driving, and more driving and I've not met a 3year old yet who's told me they loved the scenery somewhere!

If you're planning to travel end of June/early July your first priority has to be booking accommodation as that is the start of the school holidays in Scotland and places will be booked up and prices will be high. Most self-catering accommodation I'd expect will have a minimum 7 night stay.

Edinburgh/Glasgow/Perth are all easily reached by train and I think you can do Loch Lomond by public transport from Glasgow. If you want more mountainous scenery then Aviemore is a good base for families and is on the train line between Edinburgh/Glasgow and Inverness although without a car when you get there you'd need to look into local buses.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

I think you do not have kids

======

Oh I do, and I would never have been selfish or foolish enough to take them on coach tour at that age, both because of the effect on other passengers,and them. (and, selfishly, on me also)

But as said, if there is a company that allows such young aged children on, I'd like to know who it is, so others could refrain from being trapped on a coach journey accompanied by screaming kids.

15. Re: Tours in scotland which allow kids less than 5 yrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17