We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Travelling from Italy to London!

1 post
Save Topic
Help! Travelling from Italy to London!

Greetings, everyone! I really need help in planning for a trip to Europe!

Here is a list of the regions I am keen on visiting:

- Italy (Arrival)

-France

-Amsterdam

-London (Departure)

I am thinking, is travelling up from Italy to London is a feasible plan?

What are the ways to travel to these places, by trains? Or by buses? Or by plane?

And what are some of the must-go attractions for these 4 regions?

Thank you for all the help! I really appreciate the effort! xoxo

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Travelling from Italy to London!

Where are you coming from and what are your interests as that-especially the latter- will decide what we would recommend? Realistically, it would be very hard to drive, not only due to the terrain and distance, but more importantly most rental car agencies would not allow you to take the car outside the country. Cheap flights can be booked on easyjet and ryanair for very little, check skyscanner.net for details. You realize that you will only be able to cover a small amount of these 'regions.' We don't even know how much time you've got. But try and restrict Italy and France to one or two main cities-the obvious ones would be Rome, Milan, Venice or Naples in Italy, and probably Paris in France as you could then use the Eurostar to England. But bare in mind that these are big places, and it is not easy to go all over the country-generally speaking, big road trips are not advised in Western Europe.

As above, we need more details on your trip-length, airports-especially where in Italy-, when, and your interests. Also, your budget.

2. Re: Help! Travelling from Italy to London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 06:16