We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parks at Stansted airport

Great Britain
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car parks at Stansted airport

Does anyone which is the best car park to use at Stansted airport?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parks at Stansted airport

I prefer the midstay car park, its a trade of between cost and convenience. The long stay car park is cheaper, but further away from the terminal and whilst they state that it takes only a little longer to get to it, they don't mention just how large it is, reputedly Europes largest car park. The result is that the bus can take forever to reach your car. I recall midstay is only about £1 per day more.

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parks at Stansted airport

I used the Jetparks at Stansted yesterday. It wasn't easy to find because when you get there there isn't much to say that you are at the right car park so when the barrier doesn't lift, as the instructions say it should, you start to wonder if you have come to the wrong entrance. Pressing the call button didn't get any response from anyone and I was one of 4 vehicles that had to reverse from the entrance to go round again and confirm that I really was at the one I had booked. When I finally did get in the transfer bus came fairly quickly but then took about 20 minutes creeping round all of the bus stops in the car park and then driving up to the Terminal. As I was late arriving (my fault I know) the unexpected delays caused me to miss my flight.

I re-booked my flight for the next day but of course, none of the instruction on the web treat the case where you might want to come out of the car park and then go back in again and the call centre was too busy to answer any calls unless you had unlimited time to wait at 10p/min listeing to meaningless repeated pre-recorded apologies for there being no-one to answer.

The following day I had to make a more determined effort to get through and had to wait the ten minutes before the call centre answered. They explained to me that to get back into the car park having left part-way through my booking I would need to press the call button at the barrier and speak to an operator. I look forward to trying that later today...

If using JetParks then allow every one of the 45 minutes they say to count for getting parked and up to the terminal and then addyour contingency on top.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parks at Stansted airport

Stansted sometimes has special offers where you can actually use the short stay car park at a comparable price to mid & Long stay.

Look at the official Stansted parking web site to see offers.

London, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parks at Stansted airport

I would strongly advise against using Jetparks. When the car number recognition didn't work when we entered, we pressed the button for help and were asked for our booking number. Since I hadn't expected this, I had to go into my boot for it and the woman on the other end carried on talking. I thought she said, 'Press the green button,' but when I did, she completely lost control and shouted at me, 'I said, "Don't press the green button!" I was so taken aback by her shouting that I said mildly, "OK, keep your hair on." She then screeched, "I've been on my own for an hour!" I was quite shaken by her attitude, and my partner said he wanted to complain there and then but we had a plane to catch so I actually apologised. When we returned and came out of the terminal, the signs for Jetparks were pointing to the left but when we hauled our luggage right to the end of the terminal, there was no bus stop. We then turned and saw a bus at the other end with 'Long stay and Jetparks' on it. In spite of running to catch it and getting within about 20 yards, the bus driver set off. We had a 20-minute wait for the next one. I have written to Jetparks to complain about the attitude of their employee but after 2 weeks, I haven't even had an acknowledgement. As they treat their customers with such contempt, we will not be booking again, even if we would save a few pounds.

5. Re: Car parks at Stansted airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2016, 05:16