We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child's Passport

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Child's Passport

Hi all,

Am having a bit of a panic. We sent our baby boy's passport application off last Wed (1 week ago), via the Check and Send facility at the Post Office. We received a text today stating they had received it.

We travel in 3 and a half weeks. The UK Gov website states that children's passports take 3 weeks. We have given them 4 and a half weeks. I am now hearing rumours that the passport office is inundated and struggling to meet demand, so am absolutely freaking out.

Has anyone heard anything similar?

thanks

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child's Passport

Yes. They are inundated. They always are at this time of the year. There's another thread on here about this renewal times subject:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k691…

Have a read through it and see if it gives you any comfort (especially the last couple of pages about call backs and prioritising documents). If you read the Government web site carefully I'm sure it'll say " ... it takes three weeks, on average .... may take longer during busy periods ..." or something very much like that.

Don't leave it so late next time. He'll need a new one in five years time.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 14:03
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child's Passport

My dad needs his passport renewed for a trip in October.

He's sending it off next week once he gets around to having his hair cut for his new passport photo's!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child's Passport

If you need a Passport in a hurry, make an appointment at the Passport Office, get everything you need sorted, go there and get it done in a day, costs a few ££ but consider that "insurance" for your trip.

Otherwise, sort it a good couple of months in advance.

Hope yours for the DBB comes in time

Hope you don't bite nails too much....

4. Re: Child's Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17