We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 Days Visit to England

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
15 Days Visit to England

Hi, me and my wife shall be visiting beautiful England for 15 days. This is our first visit to UK. We would be staying in London for about 7 days i.e. 3 days in the beginning and 3-4 days at the end of our tour. We have around 7-8 days in between and would like to explore 2-3 cities during this 7-8 days.

Can you please suggest some of the must see cities of UK or suggest an itinerary for us. We are not interested in shopping. - Thanks to all in advance.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 Days Visit to England

What time of year will this be? Since London is a big city, why not spend the rest of your time outside cities, in some countryside?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 Days Visit to England

we are travelling from Jul 31 to Aug 14.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 Days Visit to England

There is a huge choice of beautiful and interesting cities in the UK. Then there ard lovely smaller towns, and the villages and countryside, and of course the coast. If you are interested in seeing more than just big cities, and bearing in mind that every time you change accommodation and travel you are taking up time that could be used for sightseeing, I'ld suggest adding a couple of days in London and using them for day trips - lots of choice - Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Canterbury, Brighton, Ely to name just a few. Then spend about five days in another city with a day trip to the nearby countryside, small towns and coast. For example you could stay in Bath with trips out to the Cotswolds or Somerset and Wells, or perhaps York with trips to places like Whitby and the North York moors.

Suggest you look all these places up in guide books and on maps and see which ones appeal to you.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 18:37
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,756 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 Days Visit to England

I agree with Sandy. To make the most of your time day trips from London (very easy by train) to get to Oxford.

A day in Bath, historic city but smallish so near some beautiful country. Wells is a short trip from Bath, a small place with a beautiful cathedral and cottages, quite different from the usual.

5. Re: 15 Days Visit to England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16