We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival day itinerary-London

Forest City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival day itinerary-London

We are arriving on July 10 and should be at hotel at noon. I want to keep the first day light as we may be a bit tired and jet lagged. We are staying near Buckingham Palace. My thought was to do a loop beginning at Wellington Arch, to Buckingham Palace, down Birdcage Walk to Trafalgar Square and back down The Mall.

I know we will be passing many sites and would welcome feedback on -Wellington Barracks, 10 Downing, St James Park, Horse Guard. Also is this a nice walk to ease us into the trip. We are 2 adults and 4 teen age boys.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Arrival day itinerary-London

<<Maybe us Brits are used to cafés in active churches.>>

I know St Martin's is an active church - old just means old, not inactive!

Edited: 18 June 2014, 13:16
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arrival day itinerary-London

"You are right and being the trip planner I do not want everyone mad at me :)"

Having shouldered this thankless burden myself many times, I strongly recommend that you get the others involved in the planning, even if it's just to say "Days 3,4,5 are all yours - you decide what to do" - you will be amazed at how much more you are appreciated when they realise the effort involved. I'd also advocate just planning a few key points for your holiday that absolutely need to be booked (ie theatre tickets, special exhibitions or long-distance train tickets) then leaving the rest pretty flexible - you can then have a family pow-wow each evening to decide what they want to do the next day. It will cut down on the moaning, big time, and there'll be plenty of time to read guidebooks on the flight over.

Forest City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arrival day itinerary-London

The Cafe in the Crypt just looked lovely....and prices seemed reasonable.

As far as involving the others - the 4 teen aged boys have given me their top 3 list but I'm afraid that is as much planning as they will do. Hubby works a long week so he is happy I'm taking care of it. I've been 'trip planner' on all vacations. Just a little more stressed as this may be our one and only visit. But I will consider your advice and not over plan. I'm planning a walking tour on our own each day to see a different area. We can stop by points of interest or just keep moving. Second half of the day will be a group vote as to where/ what to do--of course I will have a list of choices ready.

We will be there for the World Cup final on the 13th. Watched England lose to Uruguay this afternoon :( and we were so hoping to watch them in the final. Any suggestions on where to watch the final game?

14. Re: Arrival day itinerary-London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17