We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Gatwick to Luton

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Gatwick to Luton

Hello,

I will be flying back from Jamaica on Tuesday, 8 July. My flight is due in around 9 o'clock but I'm told that flight times and arrival is extremely unreliable. I had wanted to book the national express coach to Luton but would I be able to get a refund if it's too late and I miss the bus? Or if I book it too late in the day and I arrive early could I go on an earlier bus? Would it just be best for me to buy the tickets on the Internet on the day or can I pay up on the bus? Is it busy service?

Cheers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

Have you thought about getting trains, maybe they'll cost more but i'd imagine they are more flexiable and faster.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,689 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

You can get a train from Gatwick direct to Luton. If you want to go to Luton Airport instead, the trains stop at Luton Airport Parkway where it's 5 minutes by shuttle bus to the airport. In any case you can book it as one ticket

Edited: 21 June 2014, 10:52
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

A direct train? That would be amazing. Any idea of costs?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

About £25 for an off peak single - £34 return.

Less at weekends

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

Great and that can be used at any time of day, amazing thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,545 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

To answer the question about the National Express coach, you can transfer a booking to a different time for £5, even if you have missed the coach you were due to travel on.

You can also buy tickets on the day, these coaches are never full.

However the train is far better for this journey, quicker and more frequent. If you go by coach you spend more than half an hour touring around the different terminals at Heathrow.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

<<Great and that can be used at any time of day, amazing thanks>>

The fares I gave are off peak

8. Re: Bus from Gatwick to Luton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17