We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waylands Smithy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Waylands Smithy

Can anyone tell me if Waylands Smithy is accessable by public transport?

Does anyone know of a day type tour that may include this site in their program?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,604 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waylands Smithy

I had never heard of Wayland's Smithy so I googled it, and found directions to it via public transport. …english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/…directions

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waylands Smithy

You need to get to a railway station: Swindon's the nearest (and works for both buses). Hungerford's the alternative.

No buses on Sundays. If you're going to hike out there, you may as well look at the Uffington White Horse, and the Ridgeway connecting the two. The web's stuffed with walking routes in the area

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waylands Smithy

Thanks for the information flanneruk, much appreciated…

4. Re: Waylands Smithy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24